12 March 2009

Olive and her True Love

When we brought Olive cat home from the Humane Society, she was a tiny adventurous 6 week old ball of fluff complete with ear tufts. My mom and sister were staying with us along with 2 pint sized dogs. We left the house for an afternoon outing and when we came back, we couldn't find Olive anywhere! It took us about 10 minutes of searching before we discovered the crafty kitten asleep on my dinner plates in a cabinet. To think- she had convinced us that she couldn't jump up on the couch! Sneaky Cat!

Her love affair with cabinets has never ended. This morning, my faithful alarm clock Olive woke me up by trying to pull open the bathroom cabinets. She does this every morning (and sometimes in the middle of the night too. ARG.) One day when Derek removed a drawer to fix it that evening, she squeezed through the opening and happily frolicked in the cabinets until I pulled her out by the scruff of her neck. The last two mornings I have awoken to discover the bottom sandwich bag drawer scattered about my kitchen. I kept thinking it was Derek failing to make his lunch on time and leaving in a hurry after digging about for a sandwich bag. Until I discovered Olive claw marks in a freezer bag.

Monday, I caught the star crossed lover in action. I just don't understand why we pick out abnormal cats...everytime....

No comments: