- What is Beauty? And does it reside in me?
- And when my husband says that I’m beautiful, how can I receive those words as truth in a culture that says the opposite?
- What am I going to teach my daughters about Beauty?
- And most importantly, what does the Word of God say about Beauty?
It's such a buzz word in the Christian community. Yet the word means such different things to each person. Some think modesty means flowing dresses and head coverings. Others believe modesty means women should only wear skirts and dresses. There a new movement for modesty coupled with modern dress. Finally, there are those who feel that bikini's can be modest because they cover all the important bits.
But I'm going to consult Dictionary.com and go back to the definition of the word itself.
- The quality of being modest; freedom from vanity, boastfulness
- Regard for decency of behavior, dress, speech
- Simplicity; Moderation
- Having or showing a moderate or humble estimate of one's merits, importance, etc; free from vanity, egotism, boastfulness or great pretensions.
- Free from ostentation or showy extravagance
- Having or showing regard for the decencies of behavior, speech, dress, etc.
- Limited or moderate in amount, extent, etc
Jump on over to Julia's blog to read the rest!