- What is Beauty? And does it reside in me?
- And when my husband says that I’m beautiful, how can I receive those words as truth in a culture that says the opposite?
- What am I going to teach my daughters about Beauty?
- And most importantly, what does the Word of God say about Beauty?
My sweet Julia,
When I was pregnant with the girls I mad a drastic decision to throw out all my journals. Those journal contained my history from 7th through 12th grade. It is a history I am not proud of and it was not something I wanted my children to stumble on unprepared.
I did not want them reading of
- how I would chase boys around the playground hoping they might notice me
- hands that reached where they should not of without permission
- the deep miserable longing to be loved and accepted
- that longing so deep that I laid bare before two young men
- feelings of failure that drove me to food for comfort
- my pride that I knew everything and that no one could teach me anything
- volumes of depressing poetry relaying my fear that I would never be good or beautiful enough
But at the same time, my rough history and yours are
His Story of redemption.
His Story of reaching down and buying back with His very life that which others had overlooked as valueless.
Hop on over to Julia's blog to read the rest.