07 November 2011

Endurance

I'm so much better with intense experiences that have a finite end.  (unmedicated labor and birth for example)

I lose faith when the situation has no resolution in sight. (my son screaming for long stretches during the day for example)

Yesterday's Sermon tackled James 5:13-18

I needed to hear it.  I needed to be reminded that I need grace.  I need to plead for grace.  I need to pray rather than stress.  I need to breath in his presence like oxygen.

Self: Hang on to him.  Obey.  And simply do the next thing.  Even when it's hard.

Counting #2489-2582 of the simple graces that He gives to get me through each day.
  • Doing the next thing
  • Suddenly- 3 loads of laundry and cloth diapers hung
  • Girls cleaning out the dregs of momma's ice cream with their fingers
  • Getting to snuggle each girl alone
  • Laughing hard at the ingenuity of my daughters using a wax heart from a candle as a crayon
  • Their enthusiasm in helping me clean it from the walls
  • starting the time change sleep change up a week early
  • my mom arriving safely
  • 2 hour naps for everyone
  • deciding to block feed- Sedryn's tummy is much happier
  • Showing mom how much the girls love Hobby Lobby
  • Hobby Lobby and it's vocabulary building stock
  • Chick-fil-a Buy 1 get 1 free night :)
  • Repentent girl snuggles
  • chubby baby boy snuggles
  • Karen calling late to answer a question in love
  • certainty of a shower tomorrow
  • Going to LBS with just one baby
  • chatting with Tiffany in the hall
  • yummy stuff at teh day old Panera bread table
  • Girls and grandma really enjoying their morning
  • teaching the girls to say patience with a smile on their faces
  • grapes and leftovers
  • overdoing it and being reminded just how dependent I am
  • mustard yellow sweater
  • laughing as little girls told us to put cute petti-skirts "UP!" when we asked if they'd like them
  • A & B rejecting the cutes like fuschia boots with a bow
  • Wishing the boots came in my size
  • Finding out accidentally that I actually like Lattes: at least salted carmel mocha ones
  • Half-finished owl hat
  • Derek and mom teaming up for me to have a rest filled evening
  • New cupcake PJs for sweet girls
  • Quiet day at home
  • baking muffins with the girls
  • homemade water color antics
  • cooking in the kitchent
  • bronwyn snuggling and playing with grandma
  • Aeralind sitting on my lap for a long cuddle
  • Little girls climbing into brother's crib to snuggle together
  • then demanding that brother join them
  • Having my mom as an extra set of hands
  • wandering Target with Derek alone as a little date evening
  • Sedryn in an infant gown
  • Derek putting the flannel sheets on the bed
  • long nap
  • finally starting my Christmas tree "pants"
  • quiet time at night to spend alone with Sedryn
  • Derek's grace in consoling Sedryn at night when he doesn't have to
  • Sedryn usualling only being fussy after 1 night feed instead of all
  • me falling back to sleep faster after night feeds
  • the keyboard/laptop that Sedryn peed on drying out and working normally- with a few new quirks
  • Little Sedryn squeaks
  • Block feeding working for us and my body adjusting
  • opportunity to say "I'm sorry"
  • a strong nursling
  • having a hard time being grateful for Sedryn as he comes out of his newborn sleepy period and learns to exercise his lungs regularly
  • Derek delight in little girls who squeal "Dadi!" when he comes home
  • Bronwyn suddenly have a converastion with me
    "B, why did you wake up last night?"
    "Baby.  Cry."
    "Do you need me to turn up the ocean?"
    "Ocean." (smile)
  • Bronwyn telling grandma: "I did that at church!" about a drawing she did almost 2 months ago!
  • 2 hour comatose nap
  • First 3.5 hour stretch at night in awhile
  • Generous early christmast gift from mom: Children's Museum pass
  • Busy little girls
  • Loving on the giant light peg thing
  • Laughint at the crane together
  • First corndogs
  • Aeralind's dainty and joyful "lay-DEE bug"
  • Girls who smile and repeat me as I say "patience" when they fight over whose turn it is
  • Brother loving his ERgo
  • Big stars sewn for the tree pants
  • Derek listening to me cry miserably about Sedryn's multiple 2 hour fussy witching hours
  • little girls devouring spinach
  • needing to lift the camera more
  • me having a thrift store shopping date schedule with Sedryn in the morning
  • Girls headed hiking with daddy
  • weekends
  • Derek sending me to bed so early
  • Finally some good sleep
  • Derek graciously burping/consoling a screaming Sedryn at 1 am
  • feeling like I can't do it all-such grace for this independent stubborn heart!
  • getting more sleep than when the girls were neworns
  • block feeding putting feeding times down to 15 minutes or so
  • Yummy food still being brought to us
  • flannel sheets
  • painting little toes blue
  • girls who have strong opinions about potential footwear
  • sleep-sleep at all
  • doing the next thing
  • sorting through counting the same numbers twice
  • "dealing with defiance" parenting class coming at the right time
  • Daddy and girls walking ahnd and hand
  • Daddy exploring the children's museum with his girls
  • Terror of the elevator
  • How parent snuggles cure elevtor fears
  • being close to Love cures fears

1 comment:

Julia said...

I hope your girls love that Children's Museum! Our girls could have played with the brick conveyor belt thing forever! Make sure to get a picture of your girls in the construction reflector vests and safety goggles/hats :)

My most favorite one (I'm sure you can guess) is that you've discovered your love for the salted caramel mocha. See? Not all coffee is detestable. Actually, the salted caramel mocha is more new love this holiday season. Such a yummy treat! :)