20 July 2009

No Motivation

After finishing that quilt top last Monday, I have had no motivation to do anything! I made a couple of little butterflies out of the four 2.5" squares left from my charm pack and I moved my sewing machine to the built-in desk downstairs.

Yesterday, the doctor informed me that I'm more or less supposed to be sitting around letting the babies consume the food rather than me burning the calories to move myself. So that sparked a wee bit of motivation to do a few little projects. Here's what I've got so far:

Owl Wall Hanging progress. I added some lazy daisies for a little more girliness. :D All I need to do is make binding, but I think I'm going to wait until I'm also binding the quilts.

There's a lot going on in this picture because I was far too lazy to take separate pictures. Here's what you're looking at:
  • 6-12 month sized lavender Baby Bolero made from some knit scraps from my mother-in-law.
  • Self-drafted newborn skirt from the remaining lavender knit scraps.
  • Pink Baby Pants in a modified from a very old McCalls Pattern made from some rib knit from my MIL.
  • More newborn hats using the remaining pink rib knit.

I also started pressing the backing fabric and assembling the quilt sandwich for Baby A's quilt.

It's been a busy, but sedentary day :D Thanks, doctors, for the needed motivation!

No comments: