26 August 2009

Baby Quilts

I was so excited when I found the matching Basic Grey scrap-booking papers and Moda fabrics in the Sultry line. It meant all my decorating efforts in the girls room could coordinate! My mom, sister, husband, and I made their Bird Art Canvases from the scrap-booking papers and I made each girl a quilt using the Moda Fabrics.

I've had Baby A's quilt finished for over a month now, but every time I went to photograph it, Olive Cat paw prints were all over it. Olive cat is meticulously clean and bathes 1000 times a day, but she doesn't clean her feet! I washed the quilt 3 times to get her paw prints out! Arg...

A's quilt was made using the Pinwheel Baby Quilt tutorial at Moda Bake Shop. I machine quilted in the ditch along the pinwheels and hand quilted one of the Canvas Bird Art designs in the large white border.


B's quilt is loosely based off the Baby Blanket tutorial also at Moda Bake Shop. I made this quilt much smaller by only using 12 blocks so that the two quilts were practically the same size. B's quilt was also hand quilted in the white border with a different Canvas Bird Art template.

I hope they love their quilts as much as I do!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Beautiful quilts! You are so talented!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog your quilts are beautiful!! Congratulations on expecting twins, my boys are the best thing that ever happened to me. Enjoy ever second of it. And if you ever need a little twin mommy advice, ask away.

Emily said...

Beautiful! I love the colours and your sewing is exquisite. Your daughters are blessed in you.