14 May 2010

Milk Allergic/Sensitive Recipes: S'more KrispieTreats

I majored in Outdoor Leadership in college (no kidding!)so needless to say I have a love affair with all things S'more-ish. Regular s'mores are dairy free if you use dairy free chocolate, but I went a step farther.

S'more Krispie Treats
Ingredients
  • 1.5 Tbs dairy-free magarine
  • 2 C mini marshmallows
  • 3 C crushed Quaker Cinnamon Life Cereal
  • 1/8 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Melt margarine over low heat in a medium saucepan. 
  2. Meanwhile grease a pie dish or 9x9 pan. (I used canola oil).
  3. Stir marshmallows into the saucepan until melted
  4. Stir in cereal (and chocolate chips here if you like)
  5. Press into pie dish/pan
  6. Sprinkle and press chocolate chips on top
  7. Cool and enjoy
I promise I'll try to do more dinner stuff soon, but right now I've been doing a lot of turkey or ham and mashed potatoes and gravy meals.  Or grilled meat and steamed veggies. Simple summer stuff like that.  

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Saw you're a blogger too when I read your response to my eczema ?

Your girls are beautiful!

Blessings to you!