17 May 2010

Perspective Shifting Thanks

I've been eating cheese on and off for about 2 weeks now.  I thought the girls may have been outgrowing their dairy sensitivity and honestly cheese is the only thing I miss. We've had no diapers rashes, and no weird diaper fillings, and the girls have mostly been themselves.  But over the last 2 weeks we've seen an increase in terrible gas attacks: 3 since I sneaked my first cheese.  Couple this with Bronwyn's new eczema and I'm certain that the three of us will be diary free for the next four months.

Tonight's gas attack was a major 2 1/2 hour episode. Derek and I had lost track of time last night and stayed up until midnight and the girls woke this morning at 6:15.  Normally a screaming baby under those circumstances would result in me loosing patience and crying to have a moment alone, a moment's rest.  But tonight as I rocked and snuggled with my screaming children, I thought: what a blessing it is to have extra hours to snuggle and rock a precious baby who will only be this small for such a short time.

I'm not even halfway to a thousand yet, but this blessing counting, this thanksgiving: it is changing me.  For thanksgiving (the art of reflecting glory back to the One who owns it all) is what we all were made to do. 

442. 2.5 hours of extra snuggling and rocking time on the last night these little ones will ever be 7 months old
443. Finally catching my first girls smiling together photo since 4 months. 
444. A walk with Derek while the girls happily suck on prunes through a mesh feeder in their stroller
445. Visiting Lindy and making her a milkshake before precious little Brandt arrives
446. Watching God strengthen all of us in our small group as He cares for little Brandt and provides for all their needs
447. Aeralind laughing hysterically at Lindy's dog Shelby after being licked
448. Bronwyn petting Shelby
449. Someone who understands the acronyms/trials of NSTs and BPPs
450. A Mason Jar Bouquet of backyard flowers
451. Dancing with Margaret and the gang at the Seminary on our anniversary
452. Both girls playing happily on the floor 1.5 hours after bedtime so we could dance
453. 4 years of marriage
454. A playdate at Sarmite's
455. Seeing Jenny again
456. Unexpected new toys from Sarmite
457. Craisins
458. Air Conditioning
459. Grapes, Melon, Strawberries




holy experience

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautiful things to be thankful for. my isster was majorly lactose intolerant growing up. she grew out of it so there is hope yet, but even so, there are so many dairy alternatives and recipes nowadays it's not a huge loss. xo m.