I am weary.
I am weak.
We've been fighting a blessedly minor cold for about 5 days now. Mommy's been down too.
My in-laws were here for a bit and what little energy I had left was drained.
Sweet Aeralind is having emotional breakdowns at the lunch table and I can't yet discern if it's a discipline issue or her own outburst of exhaustion.
My stomach is stretched and filled and my joints are sore in the carrying. I've never carried a baby longer than this and am having trouble fathoming the next month or so.
All day long my silent or verbal prayer is: Please give me grace for this moment.
And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore, I will boast all the more greatly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Counting slowly and in weakness the 2267 - 2303 graces that He has provided.
- Coming to end of myself and begging constantly for the grace to make it through this next moment
- Aeralind lying across my sore back as I crouch on the floor
- Exhausted pregnant and post-nasal drip body keeping up, by grace, with crazy toddler twins (who barely slow down for sickness!)
- Finally fixing my leaking tire
- A good stretch of sleep despite numerous wakings
- Girls able to put their shoes back on
- A Derek clean kitchen
- Nice lady at Publix who stopped her car to tell me "You nave is so adorable!" Always appreciated after a bazillion negative "You, are you going to have your hands full soon!" comments.
- Talking to the mother of 50 year old identical girls in the Publix checkout line.
- Being able to bless Andy and Rachelle with hand-me-downs
- Aeralind starting to eat again- she must be feeling better
- The three of us drinking EmergenC "tea" from teacups
- Making scones with the girls for Auntie Jenn
- Visiting with Jenn. It's always like no time has passed and very deep
- "Tea" and scones with Jenn
- Laughing as girls perfectly poured water in tea cups but kept forgetting to quit pouring when the cup was full.
- Bronwyn thinking long and hard about whether to disobey me and go to the front yard
- Her making the right choice
- Sleep sacks requested before each nap
- Aeralind's sweet good-by hugs for Jenn
- "Physco" baby's near constant movement and apparent head down positioning
- So many new words daily
- Homemade roasted pepper, Parmesan, and, olive oil wit a touch of rosemary pest- so good!
- The surprising yumminess of Kale Chips
- Publix yogurt
- Hunting down rags that the girls used to clean walls, windows, and each other
- Aeralind smearling oatmeal in her hair and grinning proud
- Colds weathered well
- Quiet moring with Derek's mom
- Girls loving on Granpa
- Reverse dinner- ice cream for appetizer
- Yummy dinner when finally completed
- Early momma bedtime and full night of sleep
- Spending Birthday money on yummy fabric to make the girls winter dresses
- Crazy girls crawling under bolts of fabric steering and joyfully squealing about their "Gar!" (car)
- Aeralind turning to climb successfully down from the changing table and repeating me perfectly as I called her a "Pyscho Wiggle" Hysterical.