16 January 2012

Complaints


It's been one of those weeks over here.

Hurt feelings.

Tears. (mostly mommy)

Whining. (mostly toddlers)

Sedryn screaming for long periods for no reason only to finally let out the smallest burp possible.

Me wondering why I had 3 babies after the cut-off date for kindergarten (all of mine will be 6 unless I choose to fight it).

Hormones raging.

Lack of sleep.

Derek wondering if this was a preview of life with 3 teenage + women.

But mostly me complaining, which is, ironically, the one of the things I'm hoping to learn work on this year.

Isn't it just like God to send me a week where I have so much to complain about when I'm trying to learn not to complain? 

And I have failed in this trial.

Failed miserably.

The gratitude journal fell silent in the heat of the moments and I couldn't look outside of myself.

Pray for me friends.

Pray Psalm 142 for me.

1 With my voice I cry out to the LORD;
   with my voice I plead for mercy to the LORD.
2 I pour out my complaint before him;
   I tell my trouble before him.

3 When my spirit faints within me,
   you know my way!
In the path where I walk
   they have hidden a trap for me.
4 Look to the right and see:
   there is none who takes notice of me;
no refuge remains to me;
   no one cares for my soul.  5 I cry to you, O LORD;
   I say, “You are my refuge,
   my portion in the land of the living.”
6 Attend to my cry,
   for I am brought very low!
Deliver me from my persecutors,
   for they are too strong for me!
7 Bring me out of prison, 
   that I may give thanks to your name!
The righteous will surround me,
   for you will deal bountifully with me.
Oh, the prison of selfishness, of unmet expectations, of discontent.

Help me give thanks to Your name!

Just a few thanks this week as in my weakness I forgot to give glory to Him.
2880. Snuggling a sleepy Aeralind
2881. Getting to see and touch Bruce the hissing cockroach again
2882. The museum membership- oh, how we love it!
2883. Rest (when Derek took the girls out AND let me sleep in!)
2884. Little girls coming back from the museum with Daddy wearing the coolest handmade hats from open studio.
holy experience

No comments: